Telford, Pa.-based Dräger announces a new offering designed specifically to address the needs of the long-term acute care (LTAC) environment. With Draeger’s solution, LTAC facilities can maintain quality throughout the continuum of care with the convenience of a single vendor.
Along with Dräger’s critical-care equipment, accessories, and consumables, the company is offering medical headwall systems, a specialized LTAC team, an interactive design center, and onsite support to help LTACs address the complexity and costs associated with caring for higher acuity patients outside of the intensive care unit (ICU).
“Administrators and clinical leaders in LTAC facilities often struggle to balance cost and quality given the evolving patient case mix, payer reimbursement restructuring, workflow design complexities and continued vigilance for patient safety,” says Steve Menet, Dräger’s senior vice president of sales for hospital solutions in North America. “With this new solution, we are leveraging our extensive expertise in the critical care space to improve outcomes and reduce costs among the rapidly growing long-term care patient population.”
Among other benefits, Dräger’s LTAC offering is designed to:
- Optimize outcomes: Dräger’s ICU quality ventilation helps bridge the transition from ICU to LTAC with lung-protective tools and weaning methodologies.
- Support continuity of care: Dräger’s patient monitoring solution includes a bedside monitor that can transport the patient, which eliminates the need for separate transport monitors.
- Reduce infection risks and costs: Dräger’s disposable products eliminate the need for reprocessing and can help reduce the risk of cross-contamination. Semi-customized consumables packs are available to support a LTAC’s specific requirements.
- Enhance the patient experience: Dräger’s wall-mounted medical headwall systems save space and improve workflow. They house IT, electrical and gas supply; and offer integrated reading, night and ambient light options. Built-in media terminals maximize safety, ease of cleaning and hygiene. The units are available in attractive color options and woodgrain finishes to support the patient healing process and create a positive environment for staff, patients and their families.
- Maximize uptime and performance: Highly flexible service plans can effectively minimize downtime, ensuring compliance and simplifying fleet management. Access live phone support 24×7 from the U.S.-based Dräger technical support team, or onsite support from a nationwide network of trained and experienced field technicians.