Leading healthcare technology experts and innovators, along with clinicians, patient safety champions, standards volunteers, young professionals, and students are set to receive an AAMI award or scholarship at this year’s AAMI Exchange. The honors recognize the leadership, dedication, and contributions these individuals have made to the association and their wider professional community.
AAMI President and CEO Robert Jensen says the winners represent the best in health technology. “Collectively and individually, these professionals are helping advance the cause of safe and effective health technology,” Jensen says. “They push all of us to aim higher and find innovative solutions to the challenges we face. It is AAMI’s great pleasure to honor and thank them for their achievements and extraordinary work.”
The winners are:
- The AAMI Foundation’s Laufman-Greatbatch Award: Lawana Bryan, Carol Means, Tim Rausch, Tina Hayes, Penny Robertson, and Christina Van Den Handel, Northeast Georgia Health System
- The AAMI Foundation & ACCE’s Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award: William Gentles, BT Medical Technology Consulting
- The AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care’s Clinical Solution Award: JoAnne Phillips, Virtua Health System
- AAMI & Becton Dickinson’s Patient Safety Award: Shelly Crisler and Katrina Jacobs, Department of Veterans Affairs
- AAMI’s HTM Leadership Award: Heidi Horn, SSM Health
- AAMI & GE Healthcare’s BMET of the Year Award: Jovito “Jojo” Gonzales, Kaiser Permanente Hospital
- AAMI’s Young Professional Award: Benjamin Esslinger, Franciscan Alliance
- The Spirit of AAMI Award: Paul W. Kelley, Washington Hospital Healthcare System
- AAMI HTM Association of the Year Award: Colorado Association of Biomedical Equipment Technicians
- Standards Developer Award: Bruce S. Alpert, University of Tennessee Health Science Center (retired); Richard Dart, Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation; Nupur Jain, Intuitive Surgical; John Murray, U.S. FDA (retired); Rose Seavey, Seavey Healthcare Consulting, LLC
- AAMI Technical Committee Award: AAMI’s ECG Committee
- AAMI Foundation Scholarship: Lauryn Carr, Mississippi State University; Rebecca Halmich, University of Connecticut; Anas Mahmoud, Texas State Technical College; Moses Suherman, Southern California Institute of Technology; Angie Thai, University of Washington; Bianca Wyman, University of Connecticut
These individuals will be formally recognized during a ceremony at the AAMI Exchange, AAMI’s annual conference and expo, which takes place from June 7-10 in Cleveland.