Each year, AAMI recognizes leaders who are moving the healthcare technology industry forward. Until January 7, you can nominate yourself or other leaders in the industry for an AAMI award. Award winners will receive monetary prizes and a plaque commemorating their achievements. Winners will also be recognized in a celebration at the 2019 AAMI Exchange, the name for AAMI’s annual conference, held in Cleveland next June.
“Professionals in healthcare technology have many different job titles and come from a variety of backgrounds, but all work to advance the safety and effectiveness of the field. Through our AAMI and AAMI Foundation awards program, we recognize those ‘healthcare technology heroes’ who are innovating, volunteering, and leading the way,” says MaryJane Thomas, director of membership development at AAMI. “We encourage you to nominate all who are working to advance the profession.”
There are several types of awards:
AAMI Awards recognize achievement in patient safety and healthcare technology management leadership:
- AAMI & Becton Dickinson’s Patient Safety Award recognizes outstanding achievements by healthcare professionals who have made a significant advancement toward the improvement of patient safety.
- AAMI’s HTM Leadership Award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the HTM profession.
- AAMI & GE Healthcare’s BMET of the Year Award recognizes a BMET’s individual dedication, achievement, and excellence in the field of HTM.
- AAMI’s Young Professional Award is presented annually to a professional, under the age of 35, who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession. In 2018, 24×7 Magazine editorial board member Clarice Holden took home this award. Click here to read an article Holden recently wrote.
- The Spirit of AAMI Award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
- AAMI’s HTM Association of the Year Award recognizes an HTM association that distinguishes itself during the course of the year through outstanding society operations and meetings as well as a commitment to elevating the HTM profession at the local level.
AAMI Foundation Awards recognize an individual or group for a unique or significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety; humanitarian efforts to improve global human conditions with healthcare technology; or applied clinical engineering practices or principles to solve patient care problems or challenges.
- The AAMI Foundation’s Laufman-Greatbatch Award: Named after two pioneers in the field—Harold Laufman, MD, and Wilson Greatbatch, PhD—AAMI’s top award honors an individual or group that has made a significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety.
- The AAMI Foundation & ACCE’s Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
- The AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care Clinical Solution Award honors a healthcare technology professional (individual or group) that has applied innovative clinical engineering practices or principles to solve one or more significant clinical patient care problems or challenges facing a patient population, community, or group.
Standards Awards honor major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a standard and to a technical committee.
- Standards Developer Award awards major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific standard.
- AAMI Technical Committee Award recognizes an AAMI technical committee’s outstanding efforts.